Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default cost of LPG gas comparison

On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 15:29:29 -0800, geraldthehamster wrote:

On Feb 5, 11:16Â*pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On 5 Feb 2011 18:57:55 GMT, Steve Firth wrote:

Natural gas 4p/kWh
Heating oil 7p/kWh
LPG 8p/kWh

Heating oil was 70p+/l if you where daft enough to have to pay it in
Dec. It's now about 55p/l or roughly 5.5p/kw, bear in mind that in
early Dec it was only 45p/l and in Aug 40p/l.

I don't know if LPG has similar volatile pricing.

--
Cheers
Dave.

In my experience when LPG does up it tends to stay up. That's why I've
bought a wood burning stove...

Price goes way down here over the summer, then they ramp it up for the
heating season - not sure if that's the case in the UK too or not?

We're seeing about 10 cents per kWh here at the moment for propane,
whereas our electric baseboard heat is charged at 4.5 cents per kWh, so
it's significantly more expensive to heat via propane.

I'd quite like a woodburning setup here too for the house, but they're
ridiculously expensive for what they are. I do have an ancient home-built
one in the basement with a split seam - I'll weld that up and install it
in the garage or workshop this year, I think.

cheers

Jules