Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kipper at sea Kipper at sea is offline

Default Cost of re=pointing?

On Feb 6, 4:34*pm, John wrote:
On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 08:06:40 -0800 (PST), Kipper at sea

wrote:
On Feb 6, 11:33 am, John wrote:
How much ahould I expect to pay for a builder to rake out and re-point
a brick wall, priced either by the square yard/metre or by the day?

By the day about 130 labour only, not including material or
scaffolding. Best to get a fixed quote for the whole lot. usually
quoted on the square yard/metre. Day rate is a no no, believe me.

Thanks Kipper. I'd be worried about a day rate for the obvious
reasons.
How many square metres should a good man be able to do in a day,
assuming all materials available on site?

Depends on how much in depth is taken out, which method one uses to
take out the old motar and which type of pointing you your self like.
There are different types of pointing, trowel point cut, buckit hand
and bag rubbed.
How, much at a guess 4 m2