Posted to alt.home.repair

Default tying in a/c condensate drain into 1 1/2" PVC pipe from sump pump

?
"Mikepier" wrote in message
To simplify things in my furnace room I want to tie in my A/C
condensate drain into the 1 1/2" pvc coming out of my sump, and have
it drain outside. I assume I need some kind of check valve for this?
The A/C pump already has a built in check valve, but should I install
another one? How is this normally done?

Huge potential for a problem. Condensate lines are prone to getting gunked
up with glop and that could hold a check valve open. I can't imagine the
mess it could create a year or three from now. Just drain into the sump.