Posted to alt.home.repair

Default tying in a/c condensate drain into 1 1/2" PVC pipe from sumppump

On 2/4/2011 10:35 AM, Mikepier wrote:
To simplify things in my furnace room I want to tie in my A/C
condensate drain into the 1 1/2" pvc coming out of my sump, and have
it drain outside. I assume I need some kind of check valve for this?
The A/C pump already has a built in check valve, but should I install
another one? How is this normally done?

Why not just strap the smaller pipe to the larger pipe and let it drain
into the sump pit. If it where you can see the water drip from the line,
that would be good because condensate drains can often clog up.

TDD