Posted to alt.home.repair
John Doe John Doe is offline

Default How to fix spring sticking out of matress

plharris nospam.com wrote:

I'd really like to try to fix it.

Use a cutoff/rotary tool.

Either remove that spring, or cut off the part that sticks out.
It's not just being unable to afford a new matress, but I dont
want a new one that will take several years to get comfortable
again.

Anyone know how to fix this

Buy an air bed. The only reason I can imagine that air beds have
not replaced conventional mattresses has something to do with a
conspiracy theory about mattress manufacturers. Why anyone sleeps
on a conventional mattress anymore is a mystery to me. Sleeping on
an air bed is like sleeping on air... and that's the way it is.

Good luck and have fun.
--

without destroying the matress covering in
the process?

Paul