Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] plharris@nospam.com is offline

Default How to fix spring sticking out of matress

I have a spring sticking out of my matress. It dont feel too good
when I lay on it, and I cut my leg once on it now, because it has a
sharp end. Besides that spring sticking out, the matress is in good
shape, and very comfortable. In fact it got more comfortable as it
aged, since it now conforms to my body, where it has a dip in the
middle where the heaviest part of my body lays. New matresses are too
flat.

I'd really like to try to fix it. Either remove that spring, or cut
off the part that sticks out. It's not just being unable to afford a
new matress, but I dont want a new one that will take several years to
get comfortable again.

Anyone know how to fix this without destroying the matress covering in
the process?

Paul