Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Installing offset closet flange

"Red Green" wrote in message
Never installed an offset one.

Need to move a toilet away from the wall 1.5-2"" to meet the 12" spec from
finished wall. Waste is 3" PVC to basement. Best I can think of is to use
an offset flange which will give me what I need.

Question is in cutting the hole in the subfloor. Subfloor has been
replaced
with new. With std closet flange it's just a matter if locating proper
place and cut round hole to meet 3" soil pipe. Because of the offset it
seems the hole has to be cut oblong so it can be inserted then sit flush
(no pun intended). Is my figuring on track?

Yes. Caution when installing screws to anchor the flange to the floor, one
may end up over the offset portion and have no flooring to grip. If it is
too long it may penetrate the edge of the fitting causing a crack or leak.