Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Mosler safe combination

On Jan 20, 1:17*pm, Ignoramus3982
wrote:
On 2011-01-20, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus3982 wrote:

Won a Mosler combination safe on ebay and am wondering about
something: is it possible to change the combination on such a safe?
This is a safe that opens with a key AND combination dial.

Also, is it wise to take it to a locksmith while it is in my truck?
Just to have it checked etc?

Is it a "real" commercial safe, or a "toy" home safe? If the former, I'm
sure a locksmith could rework the combination for you, if the later,
they'll laugh at you for asking.

It is called a class C safe, reportedly weighs 400 lbs, 30x21x54"
tall.

I would think that it is somewhere in between.

Just be careful handling it, some of the fancier types have a plate of
glass as part of the locking mechanism, if it gets shocked and broken,
the locking bolts get driven outwards and you're cooked. Keeps the
hammer and chisel types at bay.

Stan