Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Repair an Etch-a-Sketch

"John" wrote in message
"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article
,
(D.M. Procida) writes:
One of the control on my children's Etch-a-Sketch is broken - the knob
rotates, but I can feel that it's not connected to anything.

I'm sure it's simple to repair, but it's going to be difficult to get in
without breaking it.

It has one of those 1970s plastic item constructions, with the front and
back halves thoroughly affixed together, presumably with some kind of
cement that has welded them together.

I have visions of that sticky silver dust (whatever it is) going
everywhere...

--
Andrew Gabriel

And a bloody gash in your hand leaving blood as well as the silver dust
all
over your carpet.

Sorry - PC / Server problem