Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Crosland Peter Crosland is offline

Default Telephone cable stolen again

"Tabby" wrote in message
On Jan 12, 8:30 pm, "TMC" wrote:
Hi All

In November I posted about the telephone cable to our village being stolen

Last Friday night same thing again

This time barely 50 metres of cable or so it seems from within the village
outside of a row of houses

Although Andy Burns may have more/different info

I have today got broadband and both phones back but neither phone is my
number

I even had a call from India to tell me my residential line was fixed now
and it took nearly 10 minutes to make the numpty understand it was a
crossed
line

At least the BT business guy in the UK understood

My question is how expensive is fibre optic and the hardware at each end
and
is fibre optic wirth stealing?

Regards

if its copper coated steel, adding notices to that effect _might_
deter people.

Assuming that the culprits are literate!

Peter Crosland