Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Boyd[_2_] Carl Boyd[_2_] is offline

Default How do you fix a bulged gun barrel?

On Jan 10, 6:54*pm, "
wrote:
I have different barrels with different problems.

Shotguns, pistols, revolvers, and rifles.

Do you make die by making a hole in a block with a boring bar, heat up
the barrel and pound it through?

I was just reading a book My son got me for Christmass about making
gun barrels. It talked about removing bulges and rings. Procedure
was (originally published about 1920) for an experienced barrel
straightener to hammer the barrel on a vise to remover all the bulge,
then ream to size.

CarlBoyd