Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default How do you fix a bulged gun barrel?

On 1/10/2011 3:54 PM, wrote:
I have different barrels with different problems.

Shotguns, pistols, revolvers, and rifles.

Do you make die by making a hole in a block with a boring bar, heat up
the barrel and pound it through?

Using proper fixtures, unscrew barrel from action
Cut in half to prevent reuse and deposit in trash can.
Install replacement barrel.

I'm not trying to be funny here either. Maybe, someone that really knows
what they are doing, can repair a slightly bulged barrel.
But I would never knowingly buy nor shoot a firearm with such a 'repair'.

If you insist on trying to repair a bulged barrel, for your family's
sake, make sure your insurance has good coverage for ER visits, and that
your life insurance is paid up...

Jon