Posted to uk.d-i-y
David J David J is offline

Default EPC - diy possible?

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 00:02:02 +1100, Tony Bryer
wrote:

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 12:34:01 +0000 David J wrote :
What I would like to know is why this 'calculation' is a secret, only
available to those who have paid about £2k for a course that includes
the required software used. I realise that the various factors need

Should not this piece of compulsory information be in the public
domain? If you can work out your own income tax, what is so special
about energy efficiency?

The methodology is in the public domain at
http://projects.bre.co.uk/sap2005/

Thanks for that lead... I couldn't find those details anywhere.

It's clear that SAP 2005 is a very complex document, with over 100
boxes to be filled in to reach the final calc.

I cannot imagine one of those accredited assessors working their way
through all that detail/tables of the house construction, although
their s/w obviously reduces this to a manageable level...

(interesting refs to your work on steel beams)