Posted to uk.d-i-y
David J David J is offline

Default EPC - diy possible?

As many know, HIP was suspended (not abolished) on 21st May 2010. But
what was left behind, courtesy of the EU, is the Energy Performance
Certificate (EPC) which is compulsory at the sale or new rental of all
properties in the UK. A set of bands from A to F is produced, rather
like those used on a new domestic fridge.

These EPCs are only available from an 'accredited energy assessor' at
a fee to be paid by the seller.

What I would like to know is why this 'calculation' is a secret, only
available to those who have paid about £2k for a course that includes
the required software used. I realise that the various factors need

Should not this piece of compulsory information be in the public
domain? If you can work out your own income tax, what is so special
about energy efficiency?

David J