Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Security Door - One Way Screws

On Jan 2, 3:21*am, "Robert H" wrote:
I am about to install a security screen door which will be attached to the
house with 8 included 4-inch color-matched one-way screws. *Obviously, I
need to get it right the first time. *According to the oh-so-simple
instructions, I just need to drill 3/16-inch holes, then use a flat blade
screwdriver to insert the screws.

How do the pros do this? *Is there a drill bit for one-way screws? *I also
had the idea to first install the door using 2-inch hex-head lag screws,
then remove them one by one and replace with the one-way screws.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Not having security screws I filled the slots of regular screw with
epoxy after they were tighten down the painted them with black paint.
If I ever need to remove thm the epoxy can be cleaned out with out an
undue amount of trouble. Otherwise they look like carriage bolts or
rivets and people leave it along thinking its just too much trouble to
break into. As far as security bolts go there is a tool for removing
just about all of them that can be easily purchased by just about
anyone.

Jimmie