Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default Security Door - One Way Screws

On 1/2/2011 3:21 AM, Robert H wrote:
I am about to install a security screen door which will be attached to
the house with 8 included 4-inch color-matched one-way screws.
Obviously, I need to get it right the first time. According to the
oh-so-simple instructions, I just need to drill 3/16-inch holes, then
use a flat blade screwdriver to insert the screws.

How do the pros do this? Is there a drill bit for one-way screws? I also
had the idea to first install the door using 2-inch hex-head lag screws,
then remove them one by one and replace with the one-way screws.

Seems to me that if you are going to drill the holes that it doesn't
matter if you use non one way screws first or not.

I'm no expert on one way screws, but I can tell you that I have a set
(two actually) of used one way screws that I got from the local security
door salesman that are in very good shape. Obviously not as one way as I
would have thought.

Jeff

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.