Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Security Door - One Way Screws

On 1/2/2011 12:21 AM Robert H spake thus:

I am about to install a security screen door which will be attached to the
house with 8 included 4-inch color-matched one-way screws. Obviously, I
need to get it right the first time. According to the oh-so-simple
instructions, I just need to drill 3/16-inch holes, then use a flat blade
screwdriver to insert the screws.

How do the pros do this? Is there a drill bit for one-way screws? I also
had the idea to first install the door using 2-inch hex-head lag screws,
then remove them one by one and replace with the one-way screws.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

If you're worried about not getting it right the first time, go with
your second hunch there and use some non-one-way screws first. (Make
sure they're the same size as the ones supplied with the door.)

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.