Posted to uk.d-i-y
Skipweasel[_2_] Skipweasel[_2_] is offline

Default How long does it take to thaw out an underground pipe?

In article ,
lid says...
Large bore would flow more slowly, making it more likely to freeze,
I'd have thought. Provided the bore is sufficient not to restrict
flow below a useful level, I'd leave it narrow.

That's where the 'deep' comes in. Say 1 metre, water regs is 750mm
for new. Present pipe is only 350mm - hence the problem.

And I'm going to put a heater wire alongside it.

Ah, well, if it's deep then there's probably no need for it to be fat as
well.