Posted to alt.home.repair
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default ETQ generators?

I just went to Northern Tools to buy a pair of gloves, and they have
their ETQ IN1800i generator on sale for $200. That's the one with
an inverter. Does anybody here have one? How crappy is it? :-)

I know it's not a Honda. I have a bigger Yamaha generator already,
but the ETQ is smaller and lighter, and it has a switch to disable
the smart throttle (if I want to power my table saw with the Yamaha
I have to plug in a waffle iron along with it to get it off idle,
otherwise it can't rev up fast enough to handle the starting current)

I'm really tempted at that price to go back and get it. Northern
offers a 3 year extended warranty for $20, and I have a $20 off
coupon...

-Bob