Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Tommy Walsh - Ultimate Workshop

On 22/12/10 19:46, Tim Watts wrote:
6pm tomorrow Quest:

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/channellist...206:00:00%20AM

Since someone mentioned it here, I'v ebeen watching a bit of Quest on
Freeview and I'm very impressed - even the kids are interested in some
of the stuff!

Caught the second part today. I did enjoy it - there were some quite
good tips that weren't totally obvious and Tommy actually gave the
details on parts, eg "this is 18mm WPB ply".

It's how I imagine DIY programs from the 60's would have been, but a bit
more hard core. There seemed to be enough detail to actually go and do
your own.

I approved of his level of engineering - very strong looking frame nd a
dormer just to add interest.

Not sure about the use of shingles on the roof though - would have been
nice to explore a newer robust product like rubber or something - but
overall a thouroughly decent effort IMO.

Son (5 YO) requested a late stay up to watch a dinosaur programme at
9-10pm and that was good too. Seemed quite in depth but lots of CGI
brought it to life enough to hold his attention for the full hour.

I'm converted now. Wish they'd put the "How it's done" or whatever on
earlier though, not 10pm!

--
Tim Watts