Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default bosch nexxt 500 washer door gasket (leak)

"ATedK" wrote in message
ups.com...
responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ak-610248-.htm
ATedK wrote:
That is false and linking to their site implies that you checked Bosch's
rating before posting.

Actually linking to CR's Dishwasher rating report:
CR rated Bosch's brand reliability 5th out of 14 companies with a problem
(repairs and serious problems) percentage of 10%; this range went from 8%
for the top two companies to a bottom rating of 23% (LG). So Bosch is 2
percentage points from the most reliable and 13 percentage points up from
the worst reliable.

In individual dishwasher ratings (overall performance) Bosch has the top 4
rating positions.

wrote:

On Dec 19, 1:24=A0pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Dec 19, 12:35=A0pm, "lana"
wrote:

had a similar situation and the extended warranty took
care of it.

any tips or info on how the gasket is replaced? just remove
the spring =

collar and then
what next?
did you observe how he did the replacement?

I normally watch repairmen, but I don't hover over them and I
didn't
see the gasket replacement. =A0Sorry.

the ideal fix for a bosch dishwasher is replacing it.

I do admit they wash great but there parts cost a fortune
they break a lot few techs or companies repair them and repairs
dont last

The trash is their ideal home, last I checked consumer reports rates
them dead last for dependability............

Are we talking about a clothes washer or dishwasher ?? The pics look like a
clothes washer but some comments are about dishwashers..We just replaced our
washer and dryer and am glad we went with the top loader with mechanical
controlls and resisted the temptation of the new front loaders with the
fancy electronics that keep breaking , leaky gaskets and smelly clothes from
to little water..The horror stories just keep coming....JMHO...