Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Antenna tower hinge

I have an antenna tower in concrete behind my garage that has my local
tv station antenna. It is a big yagi type antenna. It has been there,
both the antenna and tower, for 12 years. I am getting a little older
and dont have any help and to be honest, dont like climbing up it. I
think the tower is 25 feet ot so from it's top to the ground.

Would it be possible to make a hinge for this thing so I could bring
it down to replace the anteena? Can I do it now that it is already
errected, maybe loosening at one of the sections and pulling it off,
installing the made hinge then putting back on? Would I be able to
lift the tower and antenna by myself once it is pulled off to install
the hinge. I appreciate any help.