Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default corrugated wood fasteners

On Dec 19, 12:06*pm, RP wrote:
On Dec 19, 7:48*am, "
wrote:

Does anyone know how to drive these. *I know that they are cheap and
lousy ways to join wood but I have never been able to drive them
successfully.

Here's a cool way, yet spendy IMHO.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...31166&pn=31166

RP

If you do lots, then it is the only way that makes sense, but
corrugated fasteners are schlocky at the best of times. Fast, dirty
and they can cause carnage to coarse materials like oak. The fasteners
come in different depths and are pricey as well.
The worst thing about them is that the process is irreversible.
Undoing a joint like that is really, really messy. (New part)
I used them to add a small length to a PB substrate for a laid up
laminate job, supporting the seam with a serious slab as the fastener
kicks like a mule.