Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where to buy electronic ballast?

In article ,
" writes:
On Dec 18, 2:28*am, John Stumbles wrote:
(Oi Gabriel - I'm looking at you! ;-))

For a standard 5 foot in old money (mumble er 1500mm?) slimline
tube. The existing ballast seems to have gone. Anywhere I can get a
replacement for less than the £20 or so a whole fitting (with tube) would
cost at B&Q!?

Seem to be lots of them on ebay. I guess job leftovers. Usually going
for 5 to 10 quid. I've bought several Tridonic electronic ballasts
this way.

Yes, I buy most of mine from eBay, and build up a small stock when I
see good offers, for use in lights I build. I don't buy T8 ones though
(mostly built lights using T5 and 2D tubes).

--
Andrew Gabriel