Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall Adrian Brentnall is offline

Default Replacement mitre saw blade - how many teeth ?

HI Folks
I have an elderly 'Performance pro' mitre/chop saw,
with the original (brutal!) blade - which is 254 x 30 x 32t.

It's grand for chopping up 4x2 for roof supports - but lacks finesse for
'posh' work.

I want to get a decent (square) cut edge on some laminate flooring -
so was looking for a replacement blade with finer teeth.

Seems that this blade can be obtained in 40t, 60t and 80t -
(all on Amazon) what's recommended for general 'fine' use ?
I'd appreciate your suggestions (I'll be keeping the original 32t
blade for 'rough' work).

Thanks
Adrian