Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Some electrical outlets not working

On Nov 18, 7:26*am, "RBM" wrote:
"al" wrote in message

On Nov 18, 7:03 am, "RBM" wrote:

"al" wrote in message

Some of the outlets in my house stopped working. Outlets on
individual walls in different rooms work while others don't. They are
associated with different fuses, but the fuses are okay. I double
checked them by replacing them anyway and affected outlets still don't
work. Any idea what would cause this?

Another possibility is that the dead outlets are controlled by wall
switches

None of the outlets is controlled by wall switches.

However, the lights on those affected locations just came on. *I wish
I could say that I did something to make that happen, but I wasn't
doing anything but sitting reading the paper.

Sounds like you have a loose connection somewhere in the circuit. I would
tap with the back of my hand on each of the affected outlets and see if the
tapping causes the lights to flicker or go out again. If it does, the
location where you tapped is where the loose connection is. One thing you
can be sure of, it will occur again.

Also possible that one hot leg of his service is intermittent and he's
losing power to the circuits on that side.