Posted to uk.d-i-y
mike[_7_] mike[_7_] is offline

Default Adjusting draughty double glazing

I've noticed there's a strong draught coming through one of our double
glazed windows, between the opening light and the frame. It seems like
the opener has been fitted in the wrong place so it doesn't close up
tightly against the rubber seal/frame.

Picture here if it helps:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1244/windowd.jpg

Is there any way to adjust these? I've had a look and it seems that
the part of the hinge that fixes to the frame sits in a channel so
can't be adjusted/moved. The only option I can see is to remove the
hinge from the opener and refix closer to the outside face of the
opener. But I'm worried that the new hole positions may be too close
or partly overlap the old ones.

Any advice/experience appreciated.

(The windows were fitted before we bought the house and are long out
of guarantee.)