Puff Griffis

Default What can you do with a lathe? You can't make spindles very fast

You just don't get it do you ? I ENJOY playing in my shop. I make =
cardboard boxes for a living I don't need to work when I get home I need =
to relax. Wood working fits the bill. If its making a oak end table for =
my Mother or scrolling out a dog out line clock for my Daughter, she is =
an Army M.P. in the K9 corps, or just turning a dice cup out of some =
scrap I laminated together. IT'S FUN GET IT.
Puff

"Joe "Woody" Woodpecker" wrote in message =

You want to talk about fun. Well, fun is when you turn a pair of
spindles, each looking like twisted rope with a hollow center (left
twist and right twist) that has none of the strands touching, and you
install them on the chair or chest you are building. Fun is when you
make for a friend the stair styles he needs when he is building his
house. Fun is knowing that your turning is better than Norm's. Fun is
knowing when you can make more stylish turnings that your friends that
just have a lathe. Fun is being able to complete a project because
you're not 'playing' on a lathe. Fun is seeing results in minutes. Fun
is turning several 2" dowels in a matter of minutes, all with an exact
duplication. Fun is knowing you don't have to spend $400 plus on a
lathe duplicator. Fun is knowing you don't have to make jigs to finish
a project.

Need I go on.

--

=20
Puff Griffis wrote

=20
So Joe, how fun is the Legacy ? I work with wood because I enjoy=20
it. That's all its not to make a living its to have fun. Sure I

supplement=20
my income a bit with the things I make but I have FUN. Get my=20
point ? Puff

--
Woody

Check out my Web Page at:=20

http://community-1.webtv.net/Woodwor...workerJoesInfo

Where you will find:

******** How My Shop Works ******** 5-21-03

* * * Build a $20 DC Separator Can Lid. 1-14-03
* * * DC Relay Box Building Plans. 1-14-03
* * * The Bad Air Your Breath Everyday.1-14-03
* * * What is a Real Woodworker? 2-8-03
* * * Murphy's Woodworking Definitions. 2-8-03
* * * Murphy's Woodworking Laws. 4-6-03
* * * What is the true meaning of life? 1-14-03
* * * Woodworker Shop Signs. 2-8-03