Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Storing furniture in unheated space, cold weather

On 10/28/2010 7:48 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Oct 28, 7:02 am,
wrote:
I've not done this before, so am concerned. Midwest, unheated but dry
storage area. A few pieces of good, wood furniture. Am wondering about
potential for damage just from continued cold and assuming it remains
fairly dry. The storage area is secure, so no leaky roof or puddles.

Would oiling the wood heavily help? Then wrapping it to keep the oil
in?

I don't know what oiling would accomplish. I think that as long as
humidity is low and there aren't drastic changes in temp, it should be fine.