Posted to uk.d-i-y
jgharston jgharston is offline

Default Getting hot water from shower to actually be hot

Grrr. This is why I prefer proper stored hot water systems...

My shower has a mira Discovery thermostatic mixer, one of
these: http://goo.gl/0n7g

Try as I might I can't actually get the hot water to be hot.
With the temperature control turned all the way to "hot" it
just runs tepid, I end up shivering when trying to have a
shower. Following the instructions I've turned the internal
temperature control adjuster within the green temperture hub,
I've ended up turning it so far the worm scren is starting to
poke out of the hub, yet it *STILL* runs cold.

Basin mixer tap runs nice and hot, kitchen mixer tap runs
nice and hot.

Any advice?

At the place I used to live I had 25 gallons of hot water
sat waiting for me instantly onstandby.

JGH