Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default Aldi torque wrench - likely to be any good?

On 4 Oct, 22:19, Dave wrote:

I had to get a tyre changed in an emergency some time ago and the
apprentice did it. He got the impact gun and removed the wheel, changed
the tyre and fitted the wheel back using the impact gun.

I haven't seen that happen in the last 10 years. Maybe it's going to a
decent tyre fitter, but I think they have generally got the message on
that one.

Time used to be that you needed a big long torque wrench to change
tyres. You didn't need to use it, just stood behind the guy with the
air wrench and swung it menacingly...