Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Aldi torque wrench - likely to be any good?

Spamlet wrote:

Well worth using a torque wrench so long as you make sure to set the gauge
properly, and, if in doubt, pull it with a spring balance just to make sure.

And check, check, check that you have the correct torque. I checked the
wheel hub to knuckle torque settings for my car several times, used a
torque wrench and ... broke the bolt because some numpty had added 70NM
to the correct torque setting when they wrote the service manual[1].

I found the correct torque setting of 100NM on line.

[1] I sometimes wonder if they do this for a little joke.