Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Harbor Freight Reviews

On Sep 29, 8:12*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sep 28, 11:32*pm, mm wrote:

-snip-

I bought a bunch of things and have never been disappointed that I
remember. *I bought one of the 4x8 trailers for 200 or 250, had it
delivered to my brother's in Texas, assembled it there, and drove back
with some of my old furniture on it. *Worked fine, still have it, but
have not much need for it. *Oh yeah, the wiring to the lights was
complete, but very flimsy, and the clips that clipped it to the frame
didn't work well, and the wires dropped out and got cut. *I bought a
new harness, from them, packaged seaprately. . I should tape it on or
better yet drlll holes and use wire holders. *Maybe I will.

"...have never been disappointed that I remember."

You mean you weren't disappointed that "the clips that clipped it to
the frame
didn't work well, and the wires dropped out and got cut"?

What would it have taken to disappoint you?

I've got the same trailer with the same shortcoming- and I'm not
disappointed. *[I've also been pondering for years where I'll move
that license holder to]

If I had paid $1000 for it, or if it had major mechanical problems,
I'd be disappointed. *But for $250- it is the cat's nuts.

Jim- Hide quoted text -

"...where I'll move that license holder to"

I bought a very similar trailer from Wal-Mart many, many years ago. It
was the last one they had, the box was all beat up, so I negotiated a
bit and got it for under $200. I added some nice wooden walls and sold
it for $250 after a *lot* of use over a 5 year period.

If your plate holder is the same as mine was - a cheap piece of
plastic attached to the brake light - here's what I did:

I screwed the plate directly to the back wall. Since I always used the
trailer with the "box" on, the plate was always with the trailer.

As far as "disappointed" with the wiring, yes, I was. It's easy to
rationalize it based on the cost, but I was still "disappointed" when
the wiring failed soon after I started using the trailer. I rewired it
and put the wires in plastic tubing tie-wraped to the frame and never
had another problem.