Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Washing Machine stopping during wash cycle

John Rumm wrote:
On 16/09/2010 12:18, mike wrote:
Our washing machine (Bosch Maxx WFL 245S) is stopping a minute or two
into the wash cycle.

Sequence is:

Ready light is on. Select wash temp. Press start.

Ready light goes off. Active light comes on.

Water pumped in. Drum spins a few times for a minute or two. Stops.

Active light off. Ready light on.

Selecting different temp makes no difference.

If I move it on to rinse or spin, that part of the cycle works fine.

Can anyone suggest what the likely fault / fix is?

Could be a failed heater element - the program waits for the water to
reach temperature before continuing. If you can get to the heater
terminals then a DC resistance check will confirm.

Could well be the heater but I would expect agitation of the wash to
continue during the heating. I wonder if it is the water level sensor?
The initial fill water gets soaked into the clothes on first few turns
of the drum and then does not fill up any more for some reason? There is
usually a small plastic vessel attached to the drum which can fill up
with gunge.
Bob