Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to clean out compressor tank

"mshaffer" wrote

There is a plate that says it was inspected in 1996.. The plate is
welded on though so I don't know if it's the original. There is a big
sticker with the dealer's name where it was bought. Maybe I could call
them and see if they know what it was used for?

The 1996 plate is probably the original from the factory if it is welded in
place. There are regulations and standards that pressure vessels must meet.
That nameplate shows the manufacturer, pressure allowed, date made, etc.
At 14 years, it is not very old and if it was not abused, it will last many
more years.

I'd not be overly concerned about chemicals inside. I'd check it for rust
though. If concerned, you may be able to get it inspected at reasonable
cost.