Posted to alt.home.repair
Hugh Jassolle Hugh Jassolle is offline

Default How to clean out compressor tank

On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 05:52:40 -0700, mshaffer wrote:

Hi, I just bought a large air tank on ebay to use with my air
compressor. The guy said I should wash it out though before I use it.
I'm kinda worried about what kind of chemicals might be in it since it
came from an industrialized area. Is there anything I can use to totally
clean it out? Should I just use normal dish soap or is there something
better?

Here is the tank:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

ViewItem&item=200447946127&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:I T

Thanks,
Michael

If it was used for compressed air it shouldn't need cleaned out. Better
ask the seller what was in the tank.