Posted to alt.home.repair
I AM PROTEUS I AM PROTEUS is offline

Default Old antenna for new tv

On Sep 1, 11:05*pm, Jdog wrote:
I have an old antenna in the attic. When i moved into my house i
hooked it up to the tv. It works ok. Some channels dont come in
perfect some of the time. I've tried adjusting it w/ no luck. I see
these new style antennas for sale on line.
*http://www.antennahub.com/highgainou...hmotorrotorax-....

Are they better then the old style?
Has anyone tried both?

IF IT IS A ROOF TOP OR EXTERIOR MODEL
YOU CAN JUST ADD AN INLINE SIGNAL BOOSTER TO YOUR EXISTING ANTENNA
THE MORE DB GAIN THE BETTER
AN ANTENNA ROTOR PLUS THE AMP WILL KICK BUT
BECAUSE YOU CAN ROTATE THE ARRAY AND HONE IN THE SIGNAL

INTERIOR RABBIT EARS WITH OUT AMPLIFICATION ARE INSUFFICIENT
THOUGH SOMEWHAT EFFECTIVE
DEPENDING ON SIGNAL STRENGTH IN YOUR AREA AND HOME

IAP