Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Old antenna for new tv

On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 20:05:02 -0700 (PDT), Jdog
wrote:

I have an old antenna in the attic. When i moved into my house i
hooked it up to the tv. It works ok. Some channels dont come in
perfect some of the time. I've tried adjusting it w/ no luck. I see
these new style antennas for sale on line.

Are they better then the old style?
Has anyone tried both?

"Any Color Code - This large directional antenna can be used in any
color code specified on AntennaWeb.org "

Yeah, you can use it, but will it work? I wish they had phrased this
differently, or maybe they knew exactdly what they were doing and
phrased it just so so they couldn't be charged with lying.

I forget what the 7th color is but if this antenna will bring in
signals from that range, I'll eat my hat.

This is all they say about tmiles.

"This long range digital outdoor HD TV antenna has been known to pick
up stations that are around 150 miles away. We have had customers call
and tell us how happy they were with their antenna because they were
able to pick up stations up to 150 miles away. We have even had
customers tell us they were able to pick up US broadcasts from Canada.
So we are very confident that this antenna will work for you."

Baloney. Because of the curvature of the earth, no one can get tv from
150 miles away unles somewhere there is a transmitting antenna many
times higher than any near you. They amaybe talking about people
who live 150 miles from the CN Tower, which is the 3rd highest tower
(that is, including tall buildings) in the world, 1815 feet. Do you
live within 150 miles of Toronto? If not, forget it.

It's getting late for me, butyou can check this out.

http://www.google.com/#num=100&hl=en...7271bf8 9c8c4