Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Scrap Tungsten Prices?

Joe wrote:

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 20:02:38 -0500, Ignoramus20906
wrote:

Be careful of scrap metal gypsies (they look like East indians from
India and sometimes speak with a slight funny accent). They know how
to screw people like you. Call a few scrap places. I would think that
you can get $10/lb. I can give you $5/lb if you arew local to Chicago.

Funny you mentioned that - the last time I sold any, the dealer was a
gypsy (he used the term "Roma"). I'm sure I got taken, but I did get
$5.25/lb. Probably about 5 years ago.

Nowhere near Chicago. My only experience with that town was last
spring, when United stranded me there overnight. Somehow, my bags made
the connecting flight, so I was left with nothing but a laptop. I
limped (had a really bad back at the time) over to the airport Hilton
through the pouring rain, checked in and didn't even have a change of
clothes - not even a toothbrush (which the Hiltons were willing to
sell me for 10 bucks!). I don't blame the city of Chicago for the
debacle, but I don't fancy going there ever again - too much angst.

As for the other suggestions: I tried the "g-spot", and got exactly
what I got the last time - thousands of hits that didn't contain my
search criteria. The first page of 50 hits had only 3 that were even
somewhat relevant, but maybe one of them might pan out. I'm looking in
the Atlanta area, mainly.

Joe

Try Altavista instead of googoo, much better.