Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cncmillgil cncmillgil is offline

Default Craigslist - South Bend Lathe 9 - $895 (Belleview)

On Aug 29, 6:29*pm, Wes wrote:
cncmillgil wrote:
Now we have MoriSeki's (the Cadillac) with live tooling for light duty
side drilling/milling - subspinde(tailstock) - of corse hyd foot
operated chucks & tailstocks
They are like giant Swiss machines. saweeet let me tell you. But for
500k (tooled) they better be.

If the Mori is a cadillac, what is an Okuma?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeellll leme tellya the Okuma - Mori story- Readers Digest
version

squealing tools a newer P100 Okuma Captain (who knows the machines
past) moved idential program- part & tooling to a new Mori - no
squeal faster cycle time = much more solid machine of the same stature
& size - slant bed live tooling & sub spindle. like I said
saweeeeeeeeeeeet machine.

When the part hits the side thats & it make me fly thats the Mori -
( when the moon hits the sky like a big pizza pie)

so Okuma = Buick agreed

Wes

--

~g~