Posted to alt.home.repair
SBH[_4_] SBH[_4_] is offline

Default Radiant heating (boiler) vs. Forced air

Thank you for the replies.

My radiant heat system is a baseboard system and yes, arranging furniture can be tricky and requires it t be away from the wall a baseboard may be on. I have seen thinner baseboard such as the "Runtal" system. Sharp looking and better with furniture placement. I've also heard about the underfloor system and thought about converting. Anyone care to chime in on the difficulties and/or expense of doing this?

Reading a few replies indicated a heat pump. How does a heat pump work with a boiler system and no AC?

Thanks again.