Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Radiant heating (boiler) vs. Forced air

The advantages to a forced air system include:
* Air filtration. Helps reduce dust, dirt, and other harmful things in
the air.
* Forced air system can have a humidifier to keep the air comfortable
in the winter.
* Most heat boilers run 70 to 80% fuel efficient. Forced air system,
you can get a furnace with 90% plus efficiency

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"SBH" wrote in message
I currently have radiant heating in our home and have been quoting
prices for a separate AC unit (space pack) installed. At the recent
received quotes of $6000 to $8000, it got me thinking about the cost
of removing the boiler system and installing a forced air system
(furnace). The boiler removal can be done my me as well as the
installation of duct work for the forced air. Since the cost of adding
an AC unit to a furnace system is roughly $1000, That would leave
roughly $5000 to $7000 difference for the installation of the rest of
the furnace system and I can't believe it would cost that
much....or....am I wrong?

What would the pros and cons be of each?

Thanks