Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Whitney Wayne Whitney is offline

Default Replacing the bearings on a front-loading washer

On 2010-08-09, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I can't speak to the grease question, but I'd use a little Dow 732
to reattach the boot. I love that stuff.

Thanks for the suggestion--RTV (room-temperature volcanizing) silicone
seems like the way to go. I'll get myself some, although probably not
the Dow 732, as I don't think it comes in small quantities.

As for the grease question, any takers? I'll probably just use the
white lithium grease. There is a concern that it is petroleum based,
so it can degrade rubber, but the seal I am using is marked "oil seal"
so it is presumably a resistant material. :-)

Cheers, Wayne