Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default 2 Radiators in series?

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 16:02:59 +0100, Pete Verdon wrote:

PeterC wrote:

Instead of fitting valves to both rads., I was wondering about just
connecting them in series with a bit of pipe. Is there any major drawback
to this method?

I have three towel rails connected in series in my bathroom. I just
treat them as one big radiator. Works fine.

Pete

I've done the same sort of thing: needed a 2m single, curver rad. for a
bay. It would have been expensive and several weeks to arrive. Use 3-off
600x500 in series and yes, there was drop across them but that's what rads.
are for! The drop was about the same as a 1600mm in the same room.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away