Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Robinson David Robinson is offline

Default Tiles falling off wall, adhesive not setting

On 7 Aug, 15:14, Tim Watts wrote:

I went by the manufacturer's data sheet and measured the recommended
quantity into X kg of powder. It's more faff and the pro tiler I had for
another job laughed, but if you're not sure what the result is supposed to
look like, it's an easy way to get it right.

The kg pre litre figure might be right, but in the absence of scales,
I used the "2.5 parts powder to 1 part water", measured in measuring
jugs. Didn't work. But 3 parts powder is pretty good. Could maybe do
with even a fraction more.

Anyway, the tiles are still staying up! And it's quite handy that it
starts to set within an hour or so.

Left me wondering if this is why these Focus tiles are so cheap
though.

Cheers,
David.