Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default 2 Radiators in series?

In article , Fredxx
writes

"PeterC" wrote in message
.. .
I'm adding another radiator to a room; it'll be on the outside wall the
same as the present one. The gap will be only about 10cm or so, room to
get
valves in.
Instead of fitting valves to both rads., I was wondering about just
connecting them in series with a bit of pipe. Is there any major drawback
to this method?

If the radiators are largish, I would avoid putting 2 in series. The second
one would be cooler and less efficient. I also can't see how you could fit
thermastic valves which would work for both rooms.

Two 2m radiators in series with pipes joined top and bottom are no less
efficient than a single 4m radiator when the temperature drop across the
pair is the same as the drop across the single long one.
--
fred