Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Can laminated hardboard be used to make zero clearance throatplates for a table saw?

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 15:25:57 -0500, dpb wrote:

Some odds are so long as to make them essentially non-existent
likelihoods.

That was my reaction as well. My 1948 Delta is the only saw I've owned
that had a clip in the back. The manufacturers must have since concluded
that it added nothing to safety - and if the lawyers let them get away
with it they were probably right :-).