Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Can laminated hardboard be used to make zero clearance throatplates for a table saw?

J. Clarke wrote:
On 8/6/2010 2:20 PM, dpb wrote:
mtnbikeddie wrote:

as far as the hold down all you have to do is attatsh s clip or metal
plate to the rear with a screw. There must be enough clearance - maybe
12 inch or so - for it to to slide in easily when you drop the plate
in very easy but a holdown clip is for certain a good and safe idea.

Perhaps, but I've never seen one and have never heard of an incident the
insert being "thrown".

Still, why tempt fate? ...

Some odds are so long as to make them essentially non-existent
likelihoods. Out of all the PM-66's and Unisaurs that afaik have never
had a single one w/ a insert plate lock mechanism it seems even if it
were a occurring but rare event it would have surfaced sometime in the
last 70-80 years or so given the number of opportunities. Yet I'd never
even heard it broached as a possibility what more an event until a few
posters up...

$0.001...