Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie[_7_] Charlie[_7_] is offline

Default Subzero vs. GE Monogram Freezers and refrigerators

"Joe" wrote in message
On Aug 4, 11:16 pm, "Nonnymus" wrote:
Any opinion on which would last longer and do a better job? We looked at
two homes: one had a freestanding Subzero freezer and beside it a separate
Subzero refrigerator. The other had the same thing, but GE Monogram. Both
had an icemaker in the freezer, but both just dumped ice into a drawer.
Why not an in-door ice dispenser like in our plain Jane GE refrigerator
side
by side? Do the two premium brands last longer, do a better job, are more
energy efficient or . . . "why" are they considered to be a premium item?

Nonny

Give your local library some business and go there to read Consumer
Reports. Always a good place to begin research on a new product. What
you get here is a few personal experiences, but the data depth in CR
is far more comprehensive. Neither one needs to be exclusive, however.
Sometimes a personal experience can reveal a flaw that might be
important to you, but not part of the professional evaluation. Good
luck in your search.

Joe

I used to get Consumer Reports until I realized a shortcoming.

They tell you what it is like when you buy it, but they have no real handle
on future reliability.
They can give you the past data. You know the catchall escape "Past data
does not predict future results"
The stuff they said hacd a great history for the past decade. I am more
concerned withthe next decade.

Charlie (once bitten, twice shy)