Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Stamp Colin Stamp is offline

Default Removing ceramic tiles from Plasterboard walls?

Gareth wrote:
On 05/08/2010 22:55, John Rumm wrote:
On 05/08/2010 21:38, Gareth wrote:

Does anyone have any tips for removing ceramic tiles from plasterboard
walls?

For what purpose?

Currently my bathroom is tiled ~halfway up the walls on all four walls.
This is not high enough to prevent water getting onto untiled parts of
the wall when taking a shower, I would therefore like to remove the
tiles and tile all the way up to the ceiling around the bath. The
current tiles are also a bit too dark for my liking.

That's the same setup as my bathroom. A lump hammer and cold chisel
worked fine for me. It took a few lumps out of the plasterboard, but
there was still plenty left to stick the new tiles to.

Cheers,

Colin.